Infusion Center at St. Thomas More Hospital
Welcome to the Outpatient Ambulatory Infusion Center
The St. Thomas More Infusion Center in Cañon City is located on the main floor of the hospital in the Same Day Surgery infusion area. Our patients enjoy private rooms with reclining chairs for the patient and additional chairs for family or friends. Stretchers are provided for patients with special needs for comfort. Each private room also features a flat-screen television, kindly donated by the St. Thomas More Health Foundation.
What Should I Bring?
- Copy of order and any labs needed from Primary Care Provider (PCP)
- Current list of medications (name, dose, frequency)
- List of patient’s medical history and surgeries
- Needed/scheduled medications (pain medication, insulin, antibiotics, inhalers, etc.) for extended infusions.
- Personal items (books, laptops, etc.)
What Can I Expect?
- New patients must start their care through the admissions office. The first appointment will take extra time to review health questions, assessments, and medications.
- Infusions can range from 30 minutes to six hours depending on the type.
- Drinks and snacks are complimentary to all patients receiving infusions.
- Lunch will be provided to patients receiving infusions over two hours.
- Family members or friends are welcome to sit with patients during infusions in their private rooms.
Monica Diedrich, RN, is a Registered Nurse who is specially trained in Infusion Therapy. Monica serves as Coordinator of the St. Thomas More Ambulatory Infusion Center and lead infusion nurse. She is dedicated to providing patients with an enjoyable experience and quality clinical outcomes.
- Antibiotic Administration
- Blood Administration Products
- Central Line Care for Picc Lines & Q-Ports
- Insertion of IV’s
- IV Hydration Therapy
- Lab Draws
- Osteoporosis Medication
- Phlebotomy Care through Q-Ports
- Supportive Care for Oncology & Transplant patients (Injections & Hydration)
The Infusion Center is staffed by Registered Nurses specially trained in infusion services, picc line care, and Q-Port access.
Attention Primary Care Providers
- Appointments must be made through Central Scheduling at 719-285-2255.
- All infusion appointments are determined by Central Scheduling and Infusion RN.
- Blood transfusions and hydration therapy are not available outside of operating hours; provide a signed informed consent form per lab policy.
- Patients in need of urgent or emergent infusions or transfusions need to go directly to the Emergency Department or Medical/Surgical Nursing Unit.
- Patients must be ambulatory and stable. If not, arrangements must be made for patient to have assistance.
Download the Outpatient Ambulatory Infusion Center Brochure
Hours Of Operation