Questions About the End-of-Life
If you or someone you love is seriously ill, consider using these questions as a starting point. You might want to answer them first by yourself, and then discuss them with your loved ones, doctor, and clergy.
- What do you value most in life? What makes life worth living?
- How satisfied are you with what you have achieved in life? What goals do you have for the future?
- What do you fear most?
- Who would you want to make your health care decisions if you could not speak for yourself?
- What are your spiritual and cultural beliefs about serious illness, dying and death?
- How do you want to live at the end of your life?
- When would you want medical treatment to offer comfort rather than prolong life?