St. Thomas More Hospital is located in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains at the mouth of the Royal Gorge, in scenic Cañon City, Colorado. Our non-profit, faith-based hospital is the cornerstone of health care services for Fremont County and surrounding communities with 24-hour emergency and acute care services. St. Thomas More Hospital is supported by Centura Health, Colorado’s largest hospital and health care network.
- Received a 2012 HealthGrades Award for Gynecologic Surgery.
- Rated “best ” in the southern Colorado region for joint replacement surgery from 2008 to 2010 by Healthgrades from 2008 to 2010.
- Rated five stars for joint replacement and among the top 15% in the nation for total joint replacement by Healthgrades® from 2008 to 2010.
- Level IV trauma center with critical care transport through Flight for Life Colorado; ER physician group features five physicians, all board certified in emergency medicine
- Inpatient acute care and Intensive Care Unit
- State-of-the-art diagnostic imaging features digital mammography, stereotactic breast biopsy, MRI and CT scan, ultrasound, X-ray, nuclear medicine technologies and image directed spinal procedures
- State-of-the-art surgical services, performing advanced laparoscopic surgical procedures including metabolic and obesity disorders
- Infusion Center offers infusion and transfusion service options
- The Birth Center provides childbirth education , labor and delivery, and compassionate post-partum care, close to home
- The St. Thomas More Physician Group features Primary Care/The Medical Home, internal medicine, general surgery, obstetrics/gynecology, orthopedic surgery and osteopathic treatment
- Outpatient rehabilitation services offer physical, occupational, speech therapy, warm water aquatic therapy.
- Cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation services
- Osteopathic treatment services offer alternative treatment options for certain chronic health issues
- Sleep Disorders Clinic and EEG Lab are offered in a comfortable setting, close to home
- Centura Lab Services offers hospital lab services and three outreach service centers for convenience
- Community Blood Bank allows pre-surgery and community blood donations
Patient & Community Services:
- Community outreach, education, health screenings
- Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) program
- Chronic Disease Self Management Program
- Guest wireless internet services
*By the numbers:
- Employees: 381
- Employed Providers: 10 Physicians, 3 Nurse Practitioners
- Affiliated Physicians: 117
- Licensed Beds: 55
- Inpatient Days: 7,372
- Births: 232
- Surgeries: 1,347
- ER Visits: 18,203
- Outpatient Visits (excluding ER): 27,272
- Benefit to the community: $12.3 Million
- Economic drive into the commnity through direct and indirect impact: $97.3 Million
*Data reflects fiscal year 2012 - July 1, 2011 through June 30, 2012.