Mission & Values
Centura Health is a nonprofit, faith-based health care system dedicated to improving the lives of the people in our communities. We are made up of more than 12,000 associates, each of whom is committed to the healing ministry of Christ to care for those in need, particularly the sick, the injured and the elderly.
We extend the healing ministry of Christ by caring for those who are ill and by nurturing the health of the people in our communities.
Centura Health will fulfill a covenant of caring for our communities with excellence and integrity to become their partner for life.
The ministry of Christ calls upon us to act justly and love mercifully. Our actions are guided by a set of seven core values:
CompassionIn serving our customers, their families and each other, we will:
- Honor the individuality of each person;
- Treat each person with dignity, taking the time to be present, to listen, to explain and to understand;
- Create a caring environment that exudes humanity, humility, grace and love.
RespectIn working with each other, we will:
- Encourage and value the contributions of each person, and make each feel supported, reassured and empowered;
- Listen well, communicate openly and honestly, and encourage others to do the same;
- Treat others as we would like to be treated ourselves, relating so well with them that they actively seek to associate with us.
IntegrityIn all of our interactions, we will:
- Foster trust by being truthful, empathetic and consistent;
- Be authentic and courageous, aligning what we are thinking, saying, feeling, and doing;
- Be responsible for and follow through on the commitments we make.
SpiritualityIn honoring the missions, ministries, and heritages of our Catholic and our Adventist sponsors, we will:
StewardshipIn managing the natural, human, and financial resources to which we have been entrusted, we will:
- Seek ways to appropriately utilize resources, allowing us to become more effective and productive;
- Act responsibly, taking only those actions that align with our mission;
- Be accountable to the organization and to each other for our actions and the outcomes they produce.
ImaginationIn seeking to grow our ministry, we will:
ExcellenceIn all we do, we will:
These are more than words to us. Our mission is lived out every day by our actions and we are held accountable by our sponsors: Catholic Health Initiatives and PorterCare Adventist Health System, to prove how we are fulfilling our mission. In addition, every significant decision made within Centura Health must undergo a Values Impact Analysis that weighs the decision in light of our core values.